View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013   #337
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I do understand that. The issue here is with the read-option offense, not the Pistol formation. That the read option works very well out of the Pistol or Shotgun doesn't make those particular formations, or any other formation it's run from, necessarily dangerous to the QB's health.......if your QB is built for hard hits even when standing still. I saw Big Ben running his offense from the Pistol. He wasn't a QB dual-threat at all. It was all about giving the QB the benefit of the shotgun to read and diagnose the defense while presenting the threat of a power running game to the defense. It would also change the offensive line play. With the RB positioned behind the "shotgun" QB, the ZBS timing would no doubt lose some of its effectiveness.
http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...nesday-morning

Quote:
I was then told by a Texans employee that Gary Kubiak has already addressed the "Pistol" question and that he is simply using it to give his defenses a look at the formation since they will likely see it more often.

Honestly, I believe that to be the case. If Kubiak wanted to unveil a new formation during the season, he probably wouldn't show it at an open practice for the fans. I believe the Texans need to run some Pistol formation as I think it could help Schaub get into a rhythm with his quick passing game and the Texans can still run their stretch plays out of that formation as well.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote