View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013   #76
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of the cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know if I agree with that. Before these guys were players they were fans or NFL observers...

They know about team mystique just like all the fans do.

That's not to say that someone drafted to the Jaguars isn't going to work hard, but there is a different feeling around an organization when you walk in the building and see multiple hall of fame players, several championship trophies and just a rich history of winning.

As a player you know that you are in a place where the expectations of you are championship or bust. Greatness is your goal.

In some other place where there isn't that rich history of winning the atmosphere is a lot more forgiving if you have a good season and do good things but don't win or make a superbowl.

The players know that. They feel that.

That's like if you go to work for Apple or Microsoft vs someone working for some small local technology company. Or like working for Google vs working for DuckDuckGo.com

You know when you walk into your Job at Microsoft that there's a different level of expectations....
I think all that has more do with the current make up of an organization rather than the history behind it. I would say the mindset of the Texans organization right now is not much different than that of the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, or Cowboys. But when an organization that has a long tradition of winning starts to lose, I don't think players have a different mindset. I don't think Cowboys players during the Dave Campo years were in awe because of the team they were on, simply because those teams weren't any good. So even though the Texans have sucked for most of our short existence, this team probably has the same mentality that the Patriots, Packers, or Ravens do because they're all capable of winning the Super Bowl and not because of the history of the franchise.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote