View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013   #162
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I watched all the games he played last year and another one in 2011.

Too many missed tackles (one per game on the average), and he blew his coverage assignment 4 times in 5 games. 2 led directly to a TD (think of the Patriots game); one could have been a TD, but the QB looked the other way first, and one was a catch that the safety made the tackle. He took bad angles on several plays (again, average about one per game) that allowed the RB to get past him.

If they can correct theses mistakes then he has a chance to compete for a job; but even then, there's no guarantee that he can beat Sharpton. Mays is not strong by any mean. If he can't get off the blocker by using his hands well or avoiding him with his quickness, he got swallowed up somewhat easily. The Patriots' linemen, in particular, made him look like a little bug.
Maybe the injury affected his plays, I don't know.
Mirrors what I've seen on pony forums, hence the nickname Idiot Cannonball.

Said he was always making bad decisions and a liability in coverage, but can blow a player up occasionally. Still better than Sharpton in the tub, though.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote