View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013   #298
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Kubiak on the condition of Brennan Williams:

Quote:
(T) Brennan Williams is going to get an MRI. His knee swelled up on him a little bit again, so we’re taking a look at that. That’s where he’s at this afternoon. Other than that, we’ll find out where we’re at in the morning.”

(on how concerned he is about T Brennan Williams) “He’s taken a lot of steps forward. Hopefully, today’s not a step backwards. I don’t know. He did finish practice, just had some swelling. The way we work here, in the middle of the day, if we’ve got to send somebody over to get a look or something, they’re going to miss our afternoon stuff. Don’t read anything into it. Let’s see where we’re at in the morning.”
Kubiak on Keenum preparing to steal the show:

Quote:
(on how QB Case Keenum is doing) “He’s doing real good. He’s making a big push. I think he’s made the other two (QB T.J. Yates and QB Stephen McGee) much better because of how far he’s come, but preseason will be huge for him. I will play him a great deal and it’ll be fun to see how far he’s come once the lights come on.

(on the biggest difference in QB Case Keenum form when he first got here until today) “Confidence. Knowing what he’s doing. Now, he’s mastered another system and he wants to go compete. He does it every day. Does a hell of a job. Every day, Case makes four or five instinctive plays you can’t coach. He’s making a lot of progress.”

(on how far away QB Case Keenum is until the point where he can see he’s the backup quarterback) “Well, that’s what he’s trying to become. That’s his next step in this league. Now, I can tell you Case will tell you, ‘I want to be a starter. I want to start for a long time.’ The next step for him is to move up a notch and that’s what he’s competing with (QB) T.J. (Yates) to do right now. I don’t think we’re going to know until we go out there. What did he play in the preseason last year? Maybe 15 plays at the most. Well, he’s fixing to play a bunch. So we’ll find out exactly where he’s at, but, on the practice field, he sure looks good right now.”

Last edited by Brisco_County; 07-30-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote