View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013   #155
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am really hoping Sharpton gets that message this season. I am concerned why Denver cut Mays if not a cap issue. $4m is not extreme for a ILB and if he is recovered enough to start for Houston why not Denver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's possible Mays hit his ceiling & Denver felt they overpaid for him. We don't need him to be a $4M guy.

He's a sixth round pick that's flashed a time or two. More than likely they paid him like we paid Winston who couldn't get a job until just recently.
Consider the fact that since the Broncos signed him prior to the 2010 season:

They have gone from a 3-4 to a 4-3 base defense
They have a new head coach (McDaniels then, Fox now)
They have a new D-Coordinator (Don Martindale then, Jack Del Rio now, Dennis Allen in-between)
They have a new GM/Exec. VP of Fball operations (Brian Xander then, John Elway now)

I don't know if there was a "football" reason that the Broncos got rid of him, but realistically, even if there was a "football" reason to keep him, it's a pretty good bet that there was nobody left who was invested in him enough to point it out.