View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: Texans training camp

TEXANS TUESDAY MORNING CAMP
By Lance Zierlein
July 30, 2013

Quote:
HOPKINS LOOKS THE PART EARLY ON
DeAndre Hopkins came into the draft as the WR whom I believed was the most NFL-ready of the early round players. "Nuk" has solid hands, has enough game speed to get behind defenses and he's showing that...

In one-on-one drills against the CBs, Hopkins made...

For fantasy football owners out there who are devouring everything they can in preparation for their drafts/auctions, anything less than 50 catches for Hopkins would seem disappointing to me at this early stage. In reality, I think 52-60 catches is a very reasonable goal for Hopkins and I could see him with even more if Schaub continues to develop confidence in the young wideout throughout camp and in the pre-season.

OLD DOG WITH NEW TRICKS
Veteran NT Daniel Muir (#91), a six year veteran who has logged 24 starts with the Indianapolis Colts over four season with them, had a...

CLASH OF THE TITANS
There isn't a defensive lineman in the game who is better than J.J. Watt so I was expecting G Brandon Brooks (#79) to get schooled in one-on-one pass protection drills thanks to Watt's quickness, but...

OTHER NOTES
  • I had a great football chat with former Patriots LB turned sports talk host Ted Johnson about...
  • Rookie T/G David Quessenberry looks so smooth and fluid...
  • Former Oregon State ILB Cameron Collins (#90)...
  • During the run game portion of the practice, Case Keenum...
  • I thought potential starting RT Ryan Harris (#68) really...
  • Even if Jeff Maehl (#15) doesn't...
  • RT Derek Newton (#75) had a...
  • G Cody White had a ...
  • Former Texans DT Travis Johnson was in attendance and watching practice as a guest. At one point during defensive line drills when practice slowed down, Johnson and Bill Kollar had a friendly conversation going on from about 50 feet away with Kollar telling him to "get out here on the field" and Johnson imploring Kollar to "tell them to get me some pads". Thanks, but no thanks, Travis. I did, however, enjoy listening to him talk about pass rushing during pass protection drills.
Tomorrow, I will focus much more attention on the secondary, the wide receivers and the QBs.
read more: http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...y-morning-camp
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote