View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #144
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Reading the negative comments to us signing him on........especially based on his possibly losing his starting status following poor play in (and/or leading up to) the NE game last year, I have a thought on this. It would not be very "out in left field" to surmise that the several games preceding his fracture could have been a sign of "things to come".........a prodome. Overt fibula fractures are not uncommonly preceded by an undiagnosed fibula STRESS fracture. With a stress fracture, there may only be significant "soreness." Plain x-rays many times will not show the stress fracture, especially the first couple of weeks.........and there would be no signs of ankle bone separation expected in ankle sprains (including high ankle sprains) which can also be seen on plain x-rays if present. So significant injury is felt to be ruled out and the player is taped up and allowed to continue playing with resulting uncharacteristic subpar performance. Then later on, a significant loading force on the fibula, which he received when he jumped up high and came down hard for the punt block play where he suffered a completed fracture to the fibula, would not be surprising at all.
I kid you for your apocolyptic predictions, but I truly am thankful that you freely share your knowledge & opinions with us.