View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
All it takes is ONE incident. You tell me which you prefer; an inconvenience that you can plan for and were notified MONTHS in advance or a bunch of blown up people?

You act like these things don't happen every day all over the world. May not happen here but Boston proves that it can and it more than likely will.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
It's all good, Papa. Not trying to start an argument with you. Mainly just taking the perspective to it's extreme slippery slope.

The problem with trying to implement an effective security policy for a 70,000 people event is that there are going to be limits to what authorities can do.

Give me a security program for 70,000 people, and I am sure there is a way to be found to exploit the program to attack. Short of extreme security measures that I mentioned above, there is no 100% effective way to secure every single event.

At some point, we just have to realize as citizens that every time we leave our houses to go to any event, there is a certain amount of 'risk' involved as it pertains to being exposed to potential threats.

I think this policy is knee jerk reaction stuff. It is designed to make folks feel better, sort of like the very lame patdowns at the games now. Very much reminds me of security gates at most apartment complexes. They do not really stop anyone with ill will, but they make folks feel better, and that is what the NFL is doing here, IMO.