View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Texans ILBs had 12 PDs; the Broncos 5
Yeah.... I don't think Mays improves our team in this dept.

I did a quick look at ESPN Stats. Looks like Dobbins got 4 PDs, Reed got 3 PDs, Brian Cushing got 2, & Ruud got 2 PDs

I may have missed it, but I'm sure Barwin got at least two as well.. though his & Reed's would include batting balls down at the LOS, which is different as it says nothing about their ability in coverage.

If you click on my link, you'll see where the LBs start showing up. There are a few on page 2, but you start to see a lot of them here on page 3, with 7 PDs. Those are the guys working that middle level, making it difficult for QBs... Ryan Kerrigan, Luke Kuechly, Akeem Ayers, Bryan Urlacher, D'Qwell Jackson, Paul Posluszny, & Curtis Lofton. Had Cushing played all year, he probably would have had 11.

At the same time, had Dobbins been used more in pass defense, he most likely would have had more than 4, Ruud as well.

So.... looks like Wade has the players, or has had the players to do what I'm looking for, he just chooses not to.... & he picks up players that are basically carbon copies of one another... Mays looks like Sharpton to me.

& that's ok. I'll stop looking for that coverage LB just like I stopped looking for that space eating NT a long time ago.