View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Anyone playing next to Cush will be a two down player, so I'm not sure what the knock is...
IMO, we need an ILB that gives us the versatility to do more coverage stuff, incase we're in our base set & two tightends release into routes. I'd also like a guy who's as good as Cushing in zone coverages to help protect the inside routes & force QBs to make tough throws by getting into passing lanes (by watching the QB's eyse) forcing him to have to get the ball up & over the LB, but drop it in front of the safeties.

As it is now, too many QBs like Fitzgerald, Tebow, Sanchez look good against us (when our pass rush isn't getting there) because they can make easy throws, on a rope with little fear that the ball will be tipped.

Watch other teams play, or watch the defense of other teams when we play them, their LBs are more active than ours are. I'll look, but I would bet our LBs are near the bottom of the league in passes defensed.