View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans showing interest in ILB Joe Mays (UPDATE) signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Barring injury, I see no reason to think he won't beat out Sharpton and be our other ILB next to Cushing, at least on run downs. I also would not be shocked if he spells Cushing from time to time on pass downs. Lord knows he can blitz and really take a bite out of the QB.

Sharpton (IF healthy) becomes quality depth, along with Dobbins.

I feel much, much better about ILB now. Mays is not a world beater, but he can play and won't embarrass as a starter.

Now as for OLB....
I'll admit I haven't seen much of Mays other than that one game. But from what I saw, I didn't see much difference between him & what we get out of a healthy Sharpton. In pads, they even look like the same guy..... short, squatty.

Darryl Sharpton, imo, has been a real good downhill player. He gets behind the LOS easy enough. The only problem I've got with him is that he's poopoo in coverage & is "rarely" on the field.

If nothing else, this guy is going to push Sharpton (I think) more than replace him. Unless they want to protect Sharpton as our back up Mike LB.

All that to say I think Mays & Sharpton are the same "caliber" player.