Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #259
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
First off, to be clear I have no allegiance to either UT or A&M and having said that Austin is one of my favorite cities in the country. I'd love to party there every weekend.

To answer the question, yes he should have avoided putting himself in that situation. He shouldn't have tweeted he wanted out of College Station, etc. It's a few years on a path to life long success. It is one of the biggest rivalries around. He isn't from Austin. Stay the hell out. Party there once you get out of A&M or do so in a very safe and considered manner.
You obviously don't know much about Manziel either.

First, yes, he shouldn't have tweeted he wanted out of CS. It was late, he was a couple hundred miles away and he was frustrated with CS police giving him issues about where his car was parked. He didn't give any context for the tweet and the Twitterverse took it the wrong way.

Second, Manziel has every right to be at a party Austin just like anyone else. He's got friends that go to Texas, including many on the football team. And if he was invited to a party, he shouldn't have to stay away just because some idiot frat boy may try to start trouble. Players from both schools to go parties at the other campus all the time. Manziel wasn't doing anything wrong except being a Heisman winner from another school.

If he has to avoid any potential situation where someone can act like an ass then he'd pretty much have to stay home and never go out. Because that situation could just as easily have happened in College Station, or Houston or Dallas or anywhere else.

Frankly, that ballsy "I'm going to do it" attitude is what makes him Johnny Football and is a part of what makes him successful on the field and a Heisman winner.