View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #192
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Actually I have...I had a bad ankle sprain in high school that still bothers me at times.

I was out for a couple of months at the time...was on crutches for a while...Luckily I had my injury in march or april...Lots and lots of rehab...

But has there been any word on how severe his sprain was?
Sorry, no. But a high ankle sprain is a severe ankle sprain by definition. He didn't go for immediate surgery, so we can pretty much rule out that there was a displaced fracture associated with it. Being in a boot at this time would not distinguish the remaining two possibilities of stable vs. unstable ankle (+ or - undisplaced fracture). Unless actual detailed truthful reporting is available or x-rays, at this point no way to tell the difference, since both may be treated conservatively initially.

EDIT: I should specify that the terms "stable vs. unstable" above refers to the extent of separation of the tibia from the fibula due to tear of the connecting ligaments. Any ankle sprain in the loose sense lends itself to some "instability."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote