View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans audibles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So what's the diff at the end of the day. ...other than being more demonstrative to the great, unwashed masses of fandom (us).
What I'm saying is what you're saying makes 0 sense.....to me at least...

You think the defense doesn't know when calls are being made?

More subtle to you doesn't mean more subtle to the players on the field.

You're assuming a lot. Nowhere has any player or coach ever said "we call audibles, but we just try to do it stealthily as to not alert the defense"...They won't say that because it doesn't make any functional sense.

I don't understand what is wrong with saying Matt calls audibles, but not as freely or as often as some other QB's may call them. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Like Meyers said, the offense is designed so that they don't have to.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote