View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible Pro Bowl Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
All this convoluted goofy college involvement, bringing in junior NFL players, etc. is just mental masturbation. Leave the damn thing the way it is and if you don't want to watch it don't. The current deal sounds much better than anything I have heard so far.
yeah... the only thing that sounds halfway interesting is some sort of skills competition. And that sort of leaves LBs and CBs out - I figure linemen can participate in some sort of strength competition - since those positions don't lend themselves to passing or catching drills as readily as QBs, WRs, and RBs do.

There was a time when the college all-stars played the NFL champs way back in the day - pre-SuperBowl I think. That game kicked off the pre-season IIRC. Don't think that would work nowadays. The last time the college boys won was 1963.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote