View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013   #172
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I am personally reluctant to tweet too much about specific player performance. Unless it is off the charts good or bad.

Because people over read stuff.

Lots of stuff going on. People see things differently.

Fans want news. Media wants to give news. However, the problem is that most camp stuff is not news.
I agree. All this "one on one" stuff is interesting, but means very little in a game, especially on the OL where we combo block a lot, our guys normally set up the angles in their favor, or the offense has to "worry" about the unknown..... is that guy coming or not?

This should be about the about the basics. Can you see the athleticism, how are their feet, their balance? Is there any burst? Fast twitch or slow twitch? Does he get frustrated? Does he give up? Does he give you any lip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think it is legit to go, hmmm Connor Barwin lots of snaps to replace, very little proven stuff.

But on quality of OLB play, we really won't know until real games.
Well, we had plenty of opportunity to see Mercilus on the field last season. Barwin was almost non-existent but they still thought he deserved more snaps than Whitney. Braman couldn't get on the field, even after Reed got hurt. (I know he got some snaps)