View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans whistling past the graveyard at Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah..... I'm not expecting anyone to pin anyone inside the 5. I want a kicker who can get the ball so high, that if it drops inside the 5, my coverage team is already crossing the 20. If they do their job right from there, they should be able pin the returner short of the 20.

He doesn't even have to drop it inside the 5..... 5 yards into the endzone would be fine. But my coverage team has to be at the 20, or at the very least crossing the 25 when it's fielded. I want that guy to come out of the endzone, because I want to stop him before the 20.

I want him to risk fumbling the ball.

If our Special Teams were as bad as they were last year, absolutely I want to kick it out the back of the endzone every time.
That would indeed be an "ideal" combination of kicker and coverage team. I would then have to point out that the boomer, high hanging kicker you speak of is probably the same type of kicker that would have the comparable power to at will when needed kick the ball with less height, but greater distance (ala out of the EZ).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote