View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #67
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
And the pointless part is the real troublemakers and terrorists will always find a way. Has the NFL never heard of the shoe bomber?
Great, now we're going to need clear, see-through shoes.

I agree that attending a game is becoming more and more of a hassle each season. First came the pat downs. Annoying at first but the fact that the pat downs were nothing more than let me run my hands parallel to your body without actually touching it was the biggest waste of time ever. These things did nothing but cause massive backups in line.

Then came the magic wand. Now you've got to take everything out of your pockets, get the wand waved at you, then jam everything back into your pockets and hope you don't drop something (which I've seen dozens of times). Well, guess what? I never take anything out of my pockets (car keys, radio, extra batteries for radio, cellphone, etc.) all in my pockets, they wave the wand - nothing. I walk right in no questions asked.

And now the no purse rule comes along. Though that doesn't effect me, I sympathized with females.

I've have never felt unsafe at a sporting event ever. I'm sure people said that about marathons before too, but this is just getting ridiculous. As someone metioned, it feels like you're entering a damn militarized zone now to attend a game. Sometimes I feel like I'm being treated like a damn criminal.

I'm not at the point of giving up my season tickets yet, but I can definitely see that day coming. They'll either price me out or hassle me out or both. Especially when I think of 12 years of season tickets now, I could have had a wall of HD 60 inchers.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote