View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #98
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Working with the Jugs machine...

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 15m
Quote:
JJ Watt & regression. Watt emphatically rejects slippage talk MT

Andre Johnson today-"I told myself that once I signed here I wasn't going to play for anybody else. I wanted to be a part of something special"

@daverichard @TheFribbleLine I'm high on #Texans run game/Foster. Nothing I saw reason for concern. 1st season since '10 w/ real FB all camp

He tweeked ankle a bit, held out for part of practice. Surprised he looks fitter than at OTAs -- Report on how Montgomery looks

@HoustonTexans camp-Have new field in practice bubble. Bouncy. Last part of practice indoors to get out of heat while players get used to it

@HoustonTexans camp: Kubiak doesn't believe in conditioning test. Team put players thru a physical. Can tell if ready.

@HoustonTexans camp: Kubiak limited RT snaps of Newton and Williams, working back in slowly.

Kubiak said Arian Foster held out of camp as precaution. Will work back in soon. /on side field doing agility drills
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Kubiak said they've always been confident Ed Reed will be back by week one. Thinks Arian could be back in a week. #Texans

"I dont think he's old. I was around Jerry Rice, he played forever," Kubiak on Andre Johnson #Texans

Brooks Reed had a sore foot so he was held back this afternoon. #Texans

Right tackle Derek Newton says he is 100% now. Said his rehab was on schedule "give or take a few days." #Texans

OLB Sam Montgomery said he suffered an ankle injury this morning. Montgomery was taken off non-football injury yesterday. #Texans

The morning practice was half outside, half inside on the #Texans new indoor turf. Kubiak hated the old turf.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"If I'm like the old teacher...then Ed Reed is like Yoda."-- Antonio Smith after #Texans pm practice today.

"I'm ready to see what I look like on film,"-- DJ Swearinger after wrapping 1st #Texans camp practice.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
The Texans placed Phillip Supernaw on IR. He cleared waivers after being placed on Waived/Injured Thursday. #TexansTalk

Right tackle Derek Newton said his knee feels great and said he is indeed 100 percent on the first day of training camp. #TexansTalk

Just seeing Kubiak transcript. Garrett Graham has a virus. Explains the non-football illness list. Spent yesterday in hospital. Home now.

"When I make a mistake, he’s right on me, just like Coach (Larry) Kirksey." -- Hopkins on Andre Johnson #TexansTalk

"You know, if I gotta cuss somebody out when I get back to the training room, I’m gonna be practicing full-go tomorrow." Brennan Williams

"I was more than excited to come out here. It was almost like the first day of school, you know. You can’t sleep at night." -- Hopkins

The two rookies I spoke with, DeAndre Hopkins and Brennan Williams, said they had trouble sleeping last night. #TexansTalk

I asked Cushing if he would be back to himself by the opener. "Yeah. Yeah. Probably better," he said. #TexansTalk

Cushing said again that he hasn't had any contact with Matt Slauson, who injured him last season. #TexansTalk

Ben Jones worked with the ones a little bit. Brandon Brooks said they rotate in and out but Brooks has been working with the ones more.

Meanwhile, Derek Newton was back and working with the first team. Looked good. #TexansTalk

Brennan Williams said he never had doubts he'd be ready. Said they told him he's competing.

Sam Montgomery looked like he was in pretty good shape. Rolled his ankle a little bit but rejoined the team shortly after. #TexansTalk

Cushing worked today. He was cleared on the 17th. Said he isn't sure about hitting practices or games but feels fine so far. #TexansTalk

Ed Reed didn't talk to us but did work on the side and looked really good today. Said he didn't want to talk because he's on the PUP.
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Brooks Reed was nursing a sore foot after the morning session and was mostly held out of the evening walk throughs. #Texans #Texanstalk

Wade Phillips said that all of the HOF players he's coached had "a will to be better all the time." He added that @JJWatt has that will.

In case anyone was wondering, Wade Phillips still thinks J.J. Watt's season last year is still the best one ever by a defensive lineman.

Kubiak said he was surprised that Darryl Sharpton came in with a sore groin. He's on the Active/non-football injury list. #Texans

Cushing asked about playing in any preseason games and he said it's all based on how he feels. Said they'll just "play it by ear" #Texans

Ed Reed said he will not address the media until he is lifted off of the active PUP list. #texans #texanstalk

Arian Foster & Ed Reed didn't talk. Both did workout on a limited basis. Manning said Reed was a huge help pointing out everything on field

#texans LT Duane Brown said he's listed at 305. Said he's been boxing in the offseason. Brandon Brooks wants to fight him. #texanstalk

Duane Brown said if Hopkins puts his head down and just works hell be fine dealing with the pressure that's being put on him. #texanstalk

Brian Cushing said there were no nerves getting on the field. If anything he was excited to be back wt the guys. #texanstalk

Garrett Graham was in the hospital wt a virus yesterday & they're keeping him away from everyone at least until Sunday
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Rookie WR Alec Lemon made a big impression today. Had two impressive catches against tight coverage. #Texans

Keshawn Martin caught everything today. Continuing his impressive OTA showing. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote