View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
Having been a security guard at games

I can tell you from experience that by not allowing bags/purses into the
stadium reduces wait times for those in the back waiting to get in, eliminates any risk of someone attempting to bring in alcohol/drugs

now it doesn't mean fans won't try

I had one guy try to pull the wool over my eyes, noticed a large bulge
and questioned what it was..he proceeded to pull out several liquor
bottles which he was attempting to bring in and was forced to dump
out before he was allowed entry

but glad to see the NFL taking initiative to make games more fan friendly
Do you think that there is a chance that because of the new safer bags, that security presence will be lower, and the guards who are on duty, will check the bags less than before when they had to look through a rucksack?

Looking at the official NFL approved bags they're selling - it would be incredible easy to sticky tape a joint/bag of coke behind that big NFL/team logo, so that anything less than a glance at the contents of the bag wouldn't spot it.

I know it also doesn't affect you guys as much, but having gone to watch football up in Seattle people might be underestimating the value of being able to take a waterproof rucksack to the game for ponchos/rainjackets when the inevitable mid game downpour on the exposed section of the stadium begins.