View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #84
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
In previous training camps I'd attended, I seem to recall all the players "stretching" en masse before breaking off into their specialty groups. Does that not happen any more?
More importantly, are you and Doc saying they're not doing it sufficiently/effectively??
I haven't been able to go to any training camps so I don't know what they're doing now vs. what they were doing then.

I didn't like the approach of our original S&C guy under C&C who continued for the first few years of the Smithiak era. That guy was supposed to be a cutting edge guy but from everything I read, he was using out-dated and obsolete approaches. I believe he did have everyone doing an en masse static stretch prior to practice.

From what I've read, I trust this latest batch of S&C guys a lot more. They've got a more modern, less machine-reliant approach that's more in-line with what I've seen in the literature. I believe they've re-vamped the warm-up approach and so you won't see that big group of guys stretching anymore.

I consider this a good thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote