View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tarell Brown voids $2 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm just saying that I think these athletes (really people in general, but since we're talking sports here....) should try to get a better understanding of what they are signing.

I understand what he is paying the agent to do, but that means nothing at this point. He's out 2 million dollars because he completely put such an important aspect of his life in someone else's hands.

My statement isn't meant to disrespect anyone. Nor is it meant to excuse the agent for not having his client understand what he needed to do.

And I don't know how his contract was drawn up with his agent, but he might be screwed even further if he still has to pay his former agent based on the fact that he go him a 2 mil contract.

If I were talking to NFL rookies I'd tell them exactly what I said here. Be careful about what you're signing and who you hire as an agent. And try to have a basic understanding of what you are signing. If you must, have your agent and the team sit down together and go through the contract.
I think we are generally on the same side here. Dont be lazy and trust your finances to someone else. Take accountability for your finances and know your contract. Otherwise you are prone to predatory agents and people just itching to relieve you of your money.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote