View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #75
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One post that has everything about Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
She went into more detail in her blog.

I know I've seen things on TV or at the game & wondered why they don't take advantage of them... I've seen Andre in the slot with a LB covering him & we go with a run play.

But when you look at how prolific our offense is I can't imagine we don't have the ability to change the play based on what the defense shows. Personally, I think if every player on the OL has options, where the FB has to read & react, then the HB has to read & react, then it stands to reason the QB & the receivers have a "read & react" portion in the offense as well and there's got to be a system to make sure they are all on the same page.
Which brings up another point. When teams do audible, the defense audibles... how is that taking advantage of a situation? If it's like Schaub & Myers says, other teams don't know when we change, then we've got them where we want them.

The same thing Schaub and Meyers said is the same thing I've been saying for a few years.

With this scheme the audibles aren't like other teams. That's a good and bad thing. It's good because with the ZBS you don't really need wholesale changes on any given play because the scheme is designed to make the defense wrong under several different situations. Our audibles are based more on defensive formations vs defensive personnel.

The only drawback to our audible system is that in the past (I'll explain why I say past later) if Andre has a mouse in the house or if Matt sees some other mismatch, he doesn't go completely off the grid and call something all on his own to take advantage of that.

Our audibles are basic audibles. If you see this when we have this play called this do that. Matt hasn't had the freedom to go and do what I call creative audibles.

So they are right. Our audible system is different.

Now the reason that I keep saying "in the past" is because Rick Smith was on the radio maybe like a week ago and he said something about Matt having more freedom at the LOS this year than he's had in the past...Something about giving him more responsibility. My only guess is that Matt will be allowed to completely change plays to something he likes in certain instances based on things he himself picked up on film or a match up he likes...or whatever reason he comes up with. I think they are going to allow him more freedom to be creative at the line.

That's something that I've been wanting to see because it might actually help him play better. Give him more confidence in what he's doing...And he's a smart guy, so maybe he will be able to call some things on the fly that really help the offense.

But yeah...They are right. We audible quite a bit. But it's not like a lot of other teams where you see QB's walking down the line calling stuff out because we aren't making those kinds of changes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote