View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: One post that has everything about Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Can we put the audible arguments to rest after this?
She went into more detail in her blog.
Quote:
In our scheme, Matt doesnít necessarily have to do that all the time. You guys may not notice, but we audible a lot. You guys may not notice and talk about it all the time because you guys donít notice it. Itís one of the things that come with the territory. Itís a smooth transition for us with the zone blocking scheme and with the rollouts that we have that Mattís been able to run. We donít have to audible as much because we have the potential for other things to happen. Our audibles arenít the same as other teams, but we get it done just as much as they do.
Quote:
We do have a built-in system but itís something that we do at the line of scrimmage that is not as dramatic as some teams do. We do it about 30 percent of the game. We have two or maybe three plays at the line of scrimmage and then we go from there. Itís all based on what the defense is doing. Sometimes itís run to run, run to pass, it can be any one of those things, but itís all predicated on the defense.
Quote:
So there you go. If they told you how it was done, they would have to kill you.

I know I've seen things on TV or at the game & wondered why they don't take advantage of them... I've seen Andre in the slot with a LB covering him & we go with a run play.

But when you look at how prolific our offense is I can't imagine we don't have the ability to change the play based on what the defense shows. Personally, I think if every player on the OL has options, where the FB has to read & react, then the HB has to read & react, then it stands to reason the QB & the receivers have a "read & react" portion in the offense as well and there's got to be a system to make sure they are all on the same page.
Quote:
Yes, some teamsí schemes mean that they dramatically change plays. And they may change plays to a larger part of their playbook. With the Texans scheme in particular, since so much of it is from formations where run and pass are intended to look the same, they usually donít want to be obvious in play changing. Non-obvious audibles isnít an unusual thing in the NFL either, but appears to be a pet issue of some.
Which brings up another point. When teams do audible, the defense audibles... how is that taking advantage of a situation? If it's like Schaub & Myers says, other teams don't know when we change, then we've got them where we want them.