View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013   #57
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Arian is now 2 months post being "carted off the field" with a "minor calf strain." This is separate from a simple calf muscle "spasm" as seen with some conditions as dehydration. I emphasized that calf injuries can be even more worrisome than hamstring injuries. When it first occurred I posted that ANY calf strains/tears on one side commonly sets up for strain/tears of the other calf...and is definitely associated with such.

I will now point out that the Achilles tendon connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. And a common cause leading to Achilles tendon strain/tear is a chronic tightening of the calf muscles, especially following re-injured or unhealed calf strain/tear. This chronic tightening can lead to chronic inflammation and thus weakening of the Achilles tendon (Achilles tendonitis), which is the prodrome to its tear/rupture.

Not having Arian at least participate in practices after this length of time, especially non-contact, reasonably confirms to me that this certainly was not a "minor" problem from the onset. Whether it is a function of his heavy load last year or not, there is something that is going on that for whatever reason is not being revealed at this time.
I definitely trust your opinion on things such as this. I guess if anything positive can be taken from him sitting out its the reps Tate and the younger guys are going to get. Arian doesn't need much practice time so I just hope its more of them wanting to take the cautious approach and get him back into the mix once the grind of TC ends.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote