View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
Reason why @JJ Watt hasn't decided on elbow brace for games despite health? He told me before it was bc of slightly higher risk of re-injury.
Quote:
#Texans Matt Schaub@MSchaub8 said that they may change play at line based on D look maybe 30% of time but do in way not as obvious as other teams.
Quote:
#Texans Chris Myers@CMyers55 talked about Schaub having flexibility for calling plays. They audible/have options but more subtle than some teams.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Antonio Smith on HGH testing "I don't like needles ... I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them." #Texans

"as of yet, no. I'm not worried about it." Antonio Smith on whether his contract talks have progressed. #Texans

"he got taught a lesson. That needed to happen early on." Antonio Smith on rookie Sam Montgomery. #Texans

"these guys look like they've been in the league already," Antonio Smith on the rookies #Texans
Quote:
"It just seems that his hands swallow the football. It's very impressive" Schaub on Hopkins. #Texans

Schaub says he signed up for a role that comes with praise and criticism. Talks about having to get better. #Texans

Matt Schaub is here. " We weren't the last team standin last year so we all failed."#Texans
Quote:
Watt is very happy about how his elbow feels. Won't wear the brace for practices. Might use it for games. Hasn't decided. #Texans

Watt is using as motivation those who say he'll have a good year this year, but not as good as last year. "Why not?" he asks. #Texans

"You gotta block all 11 of us not just me... I'm not going to give up just because you throw 3 or 4 guys at me" watt. #Texans

"Cush doesn't like to say things like that about too many people ... It's an honor" JJ Watt on the effusive praise Cushing gave him. #Texans
Quote:
Andre Johnson said Ed Reed is feeling fine and "he'll be ready to go opening day." #Texans

" I'm not taking anything. ... Whatever they need to do to stay on top of guys ... I'm all for it." Johnson on HGH testing #Texans

Is this the most weapons you've played with? "Since I've been in the NFL, yeah," Andre Johnson. #Texans

"I'm the old head now. I'm not really used to being the old guy, but I'm willing to help (the young guys)," Andre Johnson. #Texans
Quote:
it's always fun being chased ... Over the past history here you've been trying to get to that point." center Chris Myers #Texans

"unjustified," Myers on criticism of Matt Schaub. #Texans

"It's Super Bowl or bust for everybody that wants to make it," Myers.
Quote:
Swearinger on Sam Montgomery about being on the NFI list. "I told him he has to step it up. It's disappointing to be on that list" #Texans

"on this level you've got to target lower when you hit guys," DJ Swearinger on staying aggressive without incurring penalties. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Johnson said that he talked with Ed Reed and he told him that he'll be ready for opening day. #texans

Johnson said he's never seen hands like Hopkins has. Never seen some one catch balls one handed like he does
Quote:
J.J Watt said over and over he loves Houston. He was also wearing a shirt remembering the 4 fallen FF in Houston.

Watt - "Ed will take care of the back end and ill take care of the front end"

Watt, "I'm always the one going after people"

JJ Watt "everybody knows what the deal around here is all about"
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
@JJWatt watched film from last year. Saw missed sacks, missed batted ball opps. "I'm by far my harshest critic." #Texans

@JJWatt: "We definitely did not play up to our potential last season." #Texans

@JJWatt "I need to keep getting better." #Texans

@JJ Watt talked to Sam Montgomery. He has a lot of talent. "We'll get him right." #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote