View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Von Miller Facing 4 Game Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
YOUR post brings back memories for ME. I was in a band environment for longer than I would like to remember.........everyone around me were into everything.........but I never touched any of it, not wanting to jeopardize any chances of getting into med school. While I was attending Washington University in St. Louis, some friends and I started the nation's first drug crisis hotline..........Acid Rescue. Shortly thereafter, a TV movie was produced about our organization........."Dial Hotline" starring Vince Edwards (of Dr. Kildare fame). It has now grown into a huge organization called DART, which is an acronym for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Treatment. I'm sure we could spend hours exchanging stories.
wow!...that's cool, man! I would love to chat and share stories someday. I have little doubt that some of my former acquaintances could have called your hotline or one just like it.

Helping people come down from bad acid trips is something I have done many times, to the point that I used to get calls at home to request help. I stopped one of my oldest friends from going off the edge of reality one night. He was convinced that his name was "Doug" and that his penis had been removed. Another friend and I sat with him for about 5-6 hours straight to keep him from hurting himself. To this day, he remembers very little about that night. I still honestly believe that he could have ended up in a mental institution from that night if we had not intervened. CRAZY! Fortunately, he's a fine, upstanding citizen (and dad) today and far removed from doing any of that stupid stuff to his brain cells.