Thread: Bad News....
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004   #87
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
I am very sad Marcus did this. This kinda of let me down on the type of person and morales he might have had. Everyone makes a mistake, very true, but Drinking and Driving is one of the worst things you can do. I hear a few who say.. "It is bad.. but not that bad.." Lose a daughter, son, friend, or someone to 'someone having a good time', and I think your opionon will change.

What do I think he should happen to him for punishment? No suspension, no release, no fine! I think his punishment needs to be for him to spend a certain amount of hours at the hospital (being on call) telling unlucky families the extremely hard job that thier family members or friends were injured or killed by drunk drivers that happens all to often. One of my friends recieved this punishment a few years ago in court... and it has stayed with him.. His quote "I didnt hurt anyone in my DWI, but after that experience.. I felt like each person I told about thier family members, I felt like it was my fault".

Just an Idea.

To me a DWI class and something like you just stated would be good for people to do when they are getting to the age of 21 (or 18) when they are learning to drive.

What is wild and I have no problem with it is the New Mexico is trying to pass a bill that would require drivers to have that breath analyzer in the car and you would have to blow in it before the car would start on ALL vehicles.. and not just the people convicted of the offense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote