View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013   #95
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think folks are way too hard on Newton. Yeah he had some rough moments, but the dude was not out there just getting pwned left and right. For his first year starting he was actually ok. Not as good as you'd want from the position, but the dude didn't completely suck.

I'm more worried about his injury recovery than I am about his actual ability.

And I also really like Quess for RT. I'm not sure if he's ready this year, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked.
The typical history of a patella tendon tear/rupture is that there is usually a long-standing chronic inflammation of the tendon (tendonitis). Without adequate conservative treatment which most importantly involves adequate REST from the repetitive traumatic movements (overuse syndrome) that caused it to begin with, the tendon eventually weakens to the point that it tears/ruptures.

I go through this explanation just to say that it is very likely that Newton's performance was negatively affected long before he went on to require his patella tendon surgery, and that we probably did not appreciate what he was truly capable of last year. That being said, this type of surgery is a difficult recovery for any player, and for many reasons can be especially unpredictable as far as time of return and ultimate level of return for a "big" man.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote