View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013   #49
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One post that has everything about Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Thank you. Newsome wanted a deal prior to last season. Didn't. Got worse deal.

Yes, Ravens won a SB but Flacco had a terrible regular season. Worse than Schaub's. Maybe the SB win, Caldwell helps grow confidence, but I wouldn't feel good about that contract at all. Flacco is a maddeningly, inconsistent QB to watch. Sometimes beautiful throws, sometime immobile Frankenflacco in pocket, not capable of basic bread and butter passes.

You have to look at alternatives if you are a GM because you live in the real world. Much of league has hot garbage at high price as their QB.
This x100.

I'm not a huge Schaub fan and am 100% already on the draft-his-replacement-in-2014 bandwagon, but the Flacco deal is awful, awful, awful.

I just keep thinking back to his 48% 147YDS 1TD 2INT meltdown against us last year and wonder how many ulcers Ozzie got inking that deal with him. I mean, don't get me wrong, he had no choice, but, oy.