View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013   #126
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
It's really not as big a deal as you are making it. This happens all the time, and he'll be back on Friday.
I think we'll have to wait and see. Some guys just don't work out well, but they are still great players.

Some guys don't work out well, and they suck because of it.

You have to be in some level of shape to play football and if Montgomery wants to play for an NFL team he needs to be at whatever minimum level the team sets. Brandon Brooks got it...Now he needs to get it.

Although I've acknowledged that some guys play good whether they are built like a stone carving or like a twinkie, I'd rather have guys in tip top shape because I believe they will even further enhance their performance.

So while it might not be a big deal...It kind of is. This is his profession now. He's getting paid a lot to do this. This shouldn't be an afterthought for him. Staying in shape and not showing up ready to go is not getting off on the right foot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote