View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFF Texans Starting Lineup Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Cushing is borderline blue chip at best. He had one year (you know the one he was busted) that was average at best. He had one outstanding. Last year started terrific but he only played roughly 1/4 of the season.

Considering his body of work, I think they have him correct.

Same with Foster. 2010? Yes, elite. Since then, his production has declined each year. Again, based on his total body of work, he's close to elite, but I think he's just outside of that in the upper part of the next tier.

Schaub is over-rated and should be average. Health issues, lack of consistency, and failures when the heat is on leave him average.

Sharpton I would move up one rung. Health has been a major concern, but he's an average player when healthy.

Brandon Brooks is too green to really rate, but I have a feeling that is too low.

Outside of that, I can't quibble too much.
Foster ranked 1st in rushing in 2010, 2nd in 2011, and 6th in 2012; was 1st in in total RB yards in 2010, 5th in 2011, and 6th in 2012; and was 1st in rushing TD in 2010, 8th in 2011, and 1st in 2012.

And, he's 1st over those three years combined in those categories by a long shot, by my count.

I respect what PFF does a ton, but it seems silly to say he's not elite. Cushing, too. In fact, Cushing more so.