View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013   #9
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFF Texans Starting Lineup Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Doesnt necessarily mean they think Myers is a blue chip. Not many of those to go around, and had Myers behind Unger, Mangold, and Sullivan in 12 rankings, who got the blue chip ratings for centers.
Makes sense. I hear what you're saying. 1 thing though is I'm pretty sure they have Myers ahead of Mangold, which is surprising to me they would give him blue chip and not Myers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...io-of-centers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Chris Myers is the best at what he does. The problem is he is not meant to be able to pass-block a large NT by himself....and he can't.
Gotta disagree. Where did you come up with this in fact? I can't find anything that really backs that claim, this is the closest I can find, but in the end it still praises him:

"The first thing you notice about Chris Myers (6'4", 290 pounds, eight seasons) is his agility. As one of the best moving centers in the entire NFL, Myers is excellent at sliding inside the line to pick up blitzes and help guards in pass protection. When put into a one-on-one situation, he can lose anchor and get walked back, but he is smart enough to go to the ground and cut the defender if that happens. Myers does a great job coming out to meet pass-rushers, and with his quick feet and strong hands, he’s able to mirror and protect the pocket.

Myers isn’t the biggest guy at 290 pounds, but he makes up for that with excellent quickness and vision."
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote