View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013   #73
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Just to be clear, I do believe that Watt is special, and will be one of those guys who can personally make a difference despite being double-teamed or strategically planned for. Definitely one of the best football players in the NFL.

I just don't believe that his 10 remaining defensive teammates are going to be any better than just OK. Not bad, but not great. So I think that decent offenses will have a chance to score 17-24 points on us. Our offense just has to deliver.
Just to give some context to this...

17 points per game over an entire season comes to 272 points total. Last year, only 1 defense did better than that: the Seahawks who gave up 15 points per game. We gave up 20 points per game and we were ranked 10th in the league.

24 points per game over an entire season comes to 384 points total. Last year, that would have been good enough for 20th and better than the Colts, Cowboys, Redskins, Jaguars, and Titans... among others.

Our defense was doing pretty good, keeping most opponents under 20 points, until the last several games of the season. I think our issues at ILB were just too much by that point and people started taking advantage of us. If we can keep Cush upright and playing fierce, I think we can improve our points allowed per game.

If we can do that, we're going to be tough to beat.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote