View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I hear what your saying... kinda...
BUT...
All other things being equal, if Flacco is clutch (11 TDs/ Zero INTs in this playoff run) and Schaub much less so (2 TDs / 2 INTs in his two games) how can Flacco not be the better QB??
Both Flacco & Schaub are QBs, 24/7, 365 days of the year. You can't pluck out a months worth of football & point to it as evidence that one is better than the other. You have to look at body of work as well as context. Your stats show that Flacco is the better QB in the play-offs. But Matt is the better QB overall. Consistently.

It stands to reason if Flacco can Flacco himself through the season, then turn it on & become a different QB in the play offs, then so can Matt. Flacco has had more opportunity in the play offs than Schaub has, that's all. We'll see what Schaub does on his fifth trip & compare apples to apples. However, I don't think we'll have to wait that long before Schaub earns a ring. I don't think anyone is saying that Flacco carried his team to the play offs, or to the Super Bowl. Matt is more like Flacco than he is Rob Johnson or Trent Dilfer. If the Ravens can win it all with Flacco, we can win it all with Schaub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The thing is Schaub has yet to do it when the bright lights come on.

Again, performing against Indy @ Indy is not playoff football. That's what Rick Smith is talking about when he said, Matt has to step up in big games.
I understand, never argued the point. People said the same thing about Flacco many times before Jan 2, 2012.