View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013   #110
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not debating how much Flacco has accomplished. He's been on a better team since he came into the league. We want our team to be as consistently good as the Ravens. But that doesn't mean that Ray Rice is better than Arian Foster, or Bolden better than Andre, both of whom have accomplished more than their counterparts on our team.

Flacco is clutch, & when the game is on the line he is without a doubt, in my mind, the better of the two. But he is not a better QB than Matt Schaub.
I hear what your saying... kinda...
BUT...
All other things being equal, if Flacco is clutch (11 TDs/ Zero INTs in this playoff run) and Schaub much less so (2 TDs / 2 INTs in his two games) how can Flacco not be the better QB??

Quote:
Yes, Schaub can make that throw. I don't think Flacco would pull the trigger 100% of the time, maybe 85/15 that he throws it. Schaub is probably 75/25. Y'all act like Schaub's never thrown it out like that to win a game, or get us to OT.
The thing is Schaub has yet to do it when the bright lights come on.

[quote=thunderkyss;2183650]I recently watched our game against Indy in Indy. Schaub was doing what he had to do to avoid the rush, which included making plays outside the pocket, with or without the play action. He's not as good at it as many other QBs, but he can do it, has done it, & will do it again.

The difference is when Flacco throws it out there & "gambles" on himself, someone makes a play & catches the ball. (I'm looking at you James Casey) so am I! Jacoby comes thru in the clutch and Casey whiffs! WTF!
Again, performing against Indy @ Indy is not playoff football. That's what Rick Smith is talking about when he said, Matt has to step up in big games.

Quote:
I truly hope the Texans know about these discussions we have on this board. I hope that they hear the comments on the radio, & read the comments to the blogs. They all need to see the fire that Schaub is under & understand he was not the only one who didn't "step" up.

Jacoby did, for Flacco. Andre didn't (he dropped a TD that could have given us HOA throughout), Arian didn't, Wade Smith didn't, Garrett Graham (bless his soul) didn't.
I take issue with Arian being in this roll call; 172 yds of offense and a TD against the Bengals and 153 yds of offense and two TDs against the Pats... and you say he didn't step up? Can't co-sign that assessment.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote