View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013   #65
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The Packers & Patriots found a way to minimize Jj Watt. The Patriots did it twice. The blue print is out there, I agree with you, that more teams will copy that blue print.....

It's the same for Kaepernick, Wilson, & RG3. Teams will figure them out.

It's possible that Watt can be like Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lot, Deion Sanders..... & he finds a way to produce at an elite level regardless. But those guys are rare & I haven't seen one on the defense side of the ball in a long, long time.

Ray Lewis & Brian Urlacher...... maybe?
Just to be clear, I do believe that Watt is special, and will be one of those guys who can personally make a difference despite being double-teamed or strategically planned for. Definitely one of the best football players in the NFL.

I just don't believe that his 10 remaining defensive teammates are going to be any better than just OK. Not bad, but not great. So I think that decent offenses will have a chance to score 17-24 points on us. Our offense just has to deliver.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote