View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Flacco has been in the playoffs every yr he has been in the league.

He is a dropped Evans TD pass from going to the last 2 Super Bowls. Flacco has accomplished much more in his career than Schaub has in his. That's not debatable.
I'm not debating how much Flacco has accomplished. He's been on a better team since he came into the league. We want our team to be as consistently good as the Ravens. But that doesn't mean that Ray Rice is better than Arian Foster, or Bolden better than Andre, both of whom have accomplished more than their counterparts on our team.

Flacco is clutch, & when the game is on the line he is without a doubt, in my mind, the better of the two. But he is not a better QB than Matt Schaub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
One question: Recall the deep throw that Flacco made to Jacoby Jones to win the Denver game (LINK in case you forgot).... That ball is 55 yds in the air... Can Schaub make that throw?? Perhaps more importantly; does Schaub have the stones to pull the trigger in that situation?
Yes, Schaub can make that throw. I don't think Flacco would pull the trigger 100% of the time, maybe 85/15 that he throws it. Schaub is probably 75/25. Y'all act like Schaub's never thrown it out like that to win a game, or get us to OT.

Quote:
A secondary question, does Schaub avoid the rush - as Flacco did - enough to give himself the opportunity to even try the throw.
I recently watched our game against Indy in Indy. Schaub was doing what he had to do to avoid the rush, which included making plays outside the pocket, with or without the play action. He's not as good at it as many other QBs, but he can do it, has done it, & will do it again.
Quote:

That's the difference.
Big game. Big situation. Flacco believes in himself and gambles. Would Schaub?
The difference is when Flacco throws it out ther & "gambles" on himself, someone makes a play & catches the ball. (I'm looking at you James Casey)

I truly hope the Texans know about these discussions we have on this board. I hope that they hear the comments on the radio, & read the comments to the blogs. They all need to see the fire that Schaub is under & understand he was not the only one who didn't "step" up.

Jacoby did, for Flacco. Andre didn't (he dropped a TD that could have given us HOA throughout), Arian didn't, Wade Smith didn't, Garrett Graham (bless his soul) didn't.