View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013   #105
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Here's how I see it.

1. There are a handful of top tier guys:
Rodgers
P. Manning
Brady
Brees

They've all excelled over a long period. They've won SBs. I don't think anyone (except Tiki Barber) would argue this group.

2. On the next tier:
Roethlisberger
E. Manning
Flacco

They also have won SBs, but they aren't on the same par as the list above. I don't include Newton here because I think he's still too young and could go either way.

3. The next tier is filled with you "above average vets":
Cutler
Rivers
Ryan
Schaub
Stafford
Romo

None of them has won a SB. None has experienced great playoff success, but they've all had some great regular season success.

4. The young guns:
RG III
Wilson
Kaepernick
Newton
Luck
Dalton
Tannehill
Bradford

The rest of the starters are either bottom barrel to me. From a ranking perspective I can see anyone from the 3rd and 4th tiers being ranked above or ahead of the rest. There isn't a lot of difference between the QBs on each tier. The above average vets all have strengths and issues. I would take some of the young guns instead of Schaub, but I don't know if I would swap him for Cutler, Rivers, or Romo.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote