View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013   #100
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27943 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This is the nfl. Trending up means nothing.

The teams that have trended up have not been as successful as the teams that have just jumped up and won superbowls.

We've been trending up for 7 years. Trending in the NFL is fools gold. With free agency, injuries, guys not performing as expected...you can't afford to have someone as important as the qb melting down during the stretch run. Not sucking is one thing...being ok..mediocre...not throwing the game away....

But playing poorly is not going to cut it.
I have to completely disagree. Just look at the Baltimore Ravens. Those guys have been trending up each year constantly deep in the playoffs or in the AFC championship game... they just won a Super Bowl.

I also disagree with the Texans trending up the past 7 years. I remember in 2010 we had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and tied for last place in our division (obviously missing playoffs). In 2011 our D got better and we finally snuck into the playoffs and scraped out a win. Last year we kicked A in our division whipped ass in a playoff game. Then our wounded D got 41 points put up against them in a playoff game and we were bounced out.

All in all I see a 2 year trend upwards, we are putting the pieces in place and I'm excited moving forward. If you want to blow this team up before the season starts go ahead and see how many front offices will hire you as a GM. Me, I like this hand that's been dealt and plan on holding it to the river (seeing this through).

Side Note... Cap strapped teams don't cut QBs that will cost their team $13.5 mill against the cap. All these arguments are null and void. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/matt-schaub/ Most likely scenario he gets his contract restructured at the end of this season depending on the results of the season and we see where we are then.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote