View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
...he's a 32 year old QB who doesn't rely heavily on his physical assets for his effectiveness. If he played another 4-5 years, he certainly wouldn't be unique in that regard.
I think we overstate the physical assets when we're talking about QBs.

Matt Schaub has averaged over 90 in QBR (NFL.com) & has thrown for (or been on track to throw for) 4000 yards in the past 5 seasons. & we've been winning more than not over that time..... it's not like there are a bunch of garbage stats/yards in there.

He's got it upstairs & that's not easy to replace.

I understand we've got a QB friendly system, but we've seen others in this system not do so well. Plummer never had those numbers, John Beck, Grossman, & a bunch of other guys who played in that system. I can't think of anyone, but John Elway, who has been as productive as Schaub in this system.

32+ QBs will start in 2013, but there are not 32 starting QBs in the NFL. We've got one.