View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For those worried about cush's knee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well from those two accounts Andrews looks like a liar. During the game they showed Andrews and RGIII going into a small room built onto the sideline and coming out a little while later. Andrews definitely got a chance to look at him.

Let's not forget the Ravens game where he sustained a "mild" knee sprain. When he came back only after missing ONE game, he came back wearing a huge ROBOCOP-type knee brace used only for serious ligament tears (in this case the lateral collateral ligament). With his apparent gross instability, he certainly did not have a "mild" (Grade I) tear, and he should have never been cleared to return to play short of 4-6 weeks following the Seatle game. I remember when Andrews told USA Today he had "been a nervous wreck" about how fast he "LET" the Redskins rush Griffin back, and going into the Wild Card Game, he was "holding his breath" about the knee's strength.

Quote:
Only that's not the way it happened, Andrews said. What's more, Andrews remains worried about Griffin's health as the Redskins play the Seattle Seahawks in an NFC wild-card game at FedEx Field today.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day[Seattle], finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

After Griffin left the game against the Ravens, backup Kirk Cousins led the Redskins to victory, then started the following week's game — a victory against the Cleveland Browns — when Griffin was inactive.
link

Sure, only Griffin could tell how much pain he was in, but only a doctor can best determine when an injury is most likely healed. The decision shouldn't be in the hands of the injured player or their coach. The decision should be in the hands of a doctor—but preferably not one cashing checks from the club.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote