View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

I think the starting job belongs to Matt Schaub unless Tj Yates wins it after a Matt Schau injury (I'm not hoping for this to happen, or looking forward to it)

If Matt goes down due to injury & Yates does not light it up, Yates' time with Houston is done. If Matt is out long enough that Keenum gets a shot, he'll have his opportunity. If he doesn't play well enough that Kubiak can say, "He's our new starter." He'll be a back up again & Schaub will be the starter when he comes back.

Depending on how they feel about Schaub at that time will determine how aggressive they are in filling that role. Being that Schaub will be a year closer to Tom Brady's age now I doubt they'll be as aggressive as many here would hope.

Schaub is pretty similar to Carson Palmer. The Bengals felt they needed to get aggressive to find his replacement & Palmer forced a trade. We know of at least two teams that still think of Palmer as a starting QB in this league.

Unless they know that something is really going on with Schaub's foot, I don't see the Texans moving on from Matt Schaub anytime soon. His contract was set up for him to be very successful in 2012 or 2013 & have an opportunity to earn the money Flacco, Stafford, & Romo got. It wasn't set up to cut bait after next season.