View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #86
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Manning situation, Favre situation, Warner situation, Cutler situation, Brees situation, Hasselbeck situation. A situation that didn't work out but was a bold move, Carson Palmer top the Raiders and then the Cardinals taking another gamble on Palmer

In the draft recently you have the E. Manning/Rivers situation, the RG3 situation, Kaepernick, R.Wilson situations.

So yes this situations happen more often than you you think. But it takes a bold move. If Schaub doesn't get it done this yr I hope Gary/Rick makes a bold move like these. Gary made his bold move bringing in Schaub and it may be time for another bold move.
Unlike you, I think Schaub can take us to the promised land. I don't put as much stock in the QB as some people. I don't consider some SB winning QBs as all that great.

BUT... I agree that it may be time for another bold move at the QB position. This year (or next year) might be Schaub's last chance with the Texans.

OTOH, when you were mentioning all the QB moves that have been made, you mostly mentioned the successful ones. You didn't mention the Cassel situation, the Vince Young (in Philly and Buffalo) situations, the Michael Vick situation (still in progress, I suppose), the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation, the Josh Freeman situation, the Blaine Gabbert situation, the Jimmy Clausen situation, the Colt McCoy situation, the John Beck situation, ... all moves that for one reason or another haven't worked out.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote