Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #226
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't see how he has to get his act together when he has yet to step on the field for a 2013 football game. All of this nonsense about his partying habits during the offseason will completely disappear if he goes back to being "that kid from Kerrville who can ball".

If he plays 2013 like a hungover 20 year old then yeah, I can see where all of this is coming from, but this is entirely way too premature since he hasn't played yet. All of this stuff sounds like old-farts who want their college football players to be all "nose in the playbook" and to not have a life outside of the pigskin. That's all well and good, but if a guy parties a lot off the field and kicks ass on the field you know A&M fans won't say a peep about it.
I would guess these old farts didn't have a problem with Bobby Layne or Kenny Stabler back in the day? Closer to home Dante Pastorini anyone?