View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Pre season tickets Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
The reason they are selling them cheap is in my post just above yours!
like I said this is not supposed to turn into a political discussion, but it's
damn hard not to see how a failed economy and rising costs have put
Americans in a jam where the money becomes more important in keeping
the family a float as opposed to a non luxury like going to a football game
being played by your favorite team
Your argument makes no sense. The only reason you have preseason tickets to sell (especially if times are hard) is because you are a season ticket holder. $8 bucks for a preseason game (taking a $42 loss) makes zero difference financially compared to the $500 commitment for the season. Whohoo, for 2 seats I spent $1000 and I am so desperate getting $32 back for the preseason is a life saving deal. Might want to reconsider the financial planning because you might as well go to the game. Now you lost $168 bucks on games you didn't get to see.

Your theory also doesn't fly since folks have been giving away or selling preseason tickets at a severe discount throughout the existence of the Texans and I am sure that is true with other teams as well. Obviously that includes a much broader time period than recent economic events (that and Texas has been least effected by those events).