View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #78
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27943 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Schaub does need to step up in big games. He isn't blameless in all of this. But he is the best we have for sure and I will stand by that. QBs are not perfect. I remember Brees and Ryan both having a 5 interception 0 TD game last season. I remember Peyton throwing 2 interceptions and failing to beat the Ravens even with 14 points from a Kick Returner we cut (our Special Teams coach sucks BTW). It's pretty cool if his worst games are better than some of the elite QB's worst games.

As for finding a replacement QB... You don't find guys late in the draft and groom them. Just doesn't happen. There's only been 1 Tom Brady. If you trade up to select a QB you don't address key positions like a 2nd WR, or O Line. So your rookie QB would have a worthless #2 and a terrible right side of the line. It then takes him 2 years to contend and in that time you lost Andre to father time, now you need another #1 WR. Perpetual rebuilding...

If you let Schaub walk to go after Peyton you likely wouldn't have got Peyton anyway and would have been stuck w/ Yates. People forget we had a top 3 defense in 2011. Look at before and after Schaub, it's pretty noticeable: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule.../hou/year/2011 Not one single game over 22 point after and only 1 under 22 points before.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote