Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #217
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
You do sound like a hater.

That said, Manziel has got to get his act together. I don't blame him for partying, but get your ****ing act together when it involves going to a football camp led by football royalty like the Mannings. Not to mention he crushed the hopes of some high school kids who had gotten all excited about getting trained by Johnny Football.

He has some growing up to do. There is no question about that but until he shows himself to be unprepared in an actual game, you'd sound like less of a hater to tone down those comments. It makes you sound foolish or just anti-A&M.
I don't see how he has to get his act together when he has yet to step on the field for a 2013 football game. All of this nonsense about his partying habits during the offseason will completely disappear if he goes back to being "that kid from Kerrville who can ball".

If he plays 2013 like a hungover 20 year old then yeah, I can see where all of this is coming from, but this is entirely way too premature since he hasn't played yet. All of this stuff sounds like old-farts who want their college football players to be all "nose in the playbook" and to not have a life outside of the pigskin. That's all well and good, but if a guy parties a lot off the field and kicks ass on the field you know A&M fans won't say a peep about it.