View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the 2013 Titans a play-off team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
They've fixed the OL and have added weapons on offense. If Locker can stay healthy and progress in his 2nd yr as a starter, then yes they can.

In short the Tacks will miss the playoffs again, because Locker will fail at the above.
Their interior OL was bad but their major bugaboo last year was coming into games looking completely unprepared. I loved watching Mike Munchak play for the Oilers, I loved watching him in pro bowls and I loved watching his HOF induction speech. I did not love watching him coach great O-lines in Tennessee, but, as soon as he was named HC after Fisher was dumped, he looked like he was way way way over his head.

It kind of reminds me of Kubiak in his first few years, with the team coming out flat all the time and losing games in the first 2 quarters of play. The Titans did that **** all last year and there was nothing you could really pin the losses on from one game to the next. One game, Locker would be ****ting the ball to the other team (or getting injured). The next game their defense would get carved up something fierce, the next game it'd be back to the offense only this time it's Chris Johnson hardly getting any yards.

The Titans spent an assload of money in FA this year (Which is pretty un-Bud-like. He was/is never the guy who pays the most for a coveted FA), and they picked up guys like Andy Levitre (Bills Guard, really good player), Delanie Walker (Decent TE from SF), and Bernard Pollard. Unfortunately, they are still coached by Munchak, and as near as I can tell he hasn't reached out to any other offensive minded coaches. They did pick up Gregg Williams to be an assistant DC (To Jerry Grey, who sucks sucks sucks), but the Titans aren't really bristling with talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Personally, I don't think they end up with a better record than either the Colts or the Texans in the division, and I have a hard time putting them ahead of any possible WC teams in the AFC (For what it's worth I think the Dolphins have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs).