View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Say that reminds me. Remember when San Diego was a perennial play-off team? You know, for a good while there they had no competition in the division. They had LT & Sproles, & Gates, & Merriman, & Wade, & Olshansky & they had a pretty good club.

Never got to the Super Bowl though. It was always one reason or another.
I've brought up the Chargers before...But not in relation to Schaub, but the team as a whole.

You have to be able to strike while the iron is hot.

I know Baltimore got some good fortune and got into the SB last year, but they still played really good football on top of all the luck they had.

I don't care to look back in ten years and remember that Schaub put up some good numbers and the team as a whole was good but could never get over the hump. That means zilch to me.

I want a superbowl. And I feel that in football, you should be able to put together a squad good enough to at least make it there once every 10-15 years on average. If you aren't doing that in the NFL then I don't think you'redoing it right. 1 trip to the superbowl every 10-15 years on average is not a lot to ask of for a good organization I don't think.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote